Ofsted inspections in challenging times is designed to support early years providers evaluate
their practice and prepare for inspection with particular consideration to new requirements
following the impact of the pandemic on childcare provision.
It gives practitioners comprehensive guidance to:
- Understand what this means for leadership and management,
- Interrogate practice, identify any possible vulnerabilities and put their setting in the best
possible position to receive an inspection,
- Provide them with the confidence to justify what they do and how they do it,
- Achieve a successful Ofsted inspection outcome.
It includes sections on:
• Systems of control
• The management of visitors
• Supporting the changing needs of children
• Supporting the well-being of staff
• The management of risk.
About the author
Pennie Akehurst has worked in early years for over 30 years, she has successfully delivered
training and intervention programmes which have enabled leaders, managers, and practitioners
to continue to meet the challenges and frequent changes in legislation and practice.
Also available: The Education Inspection Framework: 101 Audit Questions to evaluate your practice